Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Just a little more time today, please Lord . . .

First of all...YAY! I'm a blogger! At first that word scared me a little...it sounded like something I would say to my kids. " Hey! Stop picking your 'bloggers'!" But after reading some pretty great blogs of my friends and being daily encouraged by them and blessed to have a couple friends encourage me to hit the keys and blog a little, I finally had a few minutes to sit down and BLOG!
Now, I am not technically savvy, so I don't even know at this point what my 'template' looks like! Yipes! This could totally come out with a safari theme or a pirate ship! Oh well!
To those of you who know me well, know I am pretty blunt...sometimes like a sawed of shot gun. Thankfully you are all full of grace and forgiveness :) So, my mission here is to just share with you what God so graciously shares with this old sinner.
Lately the Lord has been trying to teach me to 'cherish the moments'. As a Mom of a 5, 4 , 3 & 8 week old little girls, time seems to FLLLLLLLY! Except of course those pesky 30 minutes I'm drenched in a stinky sweat on the Eliptical machine at the YMCA. Why are those the only 30 minutes in a day that DRAG ON? Haha!
My five year old daughter is almost 6 and I look back and reminisce of her infancy and her first tooth and her mood swings ( Don't judge! All of us women get them!), her first steps and words, and how much she continually grows in the Lord, somedays, no thanks to me. And thats where God is poking at my heart.
As a busy mom, I sometimes have a hard time, making time for my first love...Jesus Christ.
Would I go through the day without talking to my wonderful husband? Would I go through the day, barely acknowledging my kiddo's? Of course not! Than why is it so easy for me to forget to give my heart over daily to the creator of the universe? The one who breathed breath into my bones, the one who knows every hair on my head and my thoughts before I think them...and most importantly the one who died for my sins and is preparing a place for me for all eternity.
My time is a gift, that I so easily take for granted. The time He is allowing me to have.
How do you use your time? Is it busy for hours a day on facebook ( I know! I know! There should be a '12 Step program' for us addicts!) or cleaning every nook and cranny in your house, so people will think you are the 'Queen of Clean' ( I do NOT have to worry about that one, just sayin'!), Is it in your image and trying to be the best looking mom on the block, is it in your finances and how you try to fill a void with 'stuff' that you can buy? All of us are guilty, I am sure, of using our time to bring gain to ourselves. I am probaly the worst  of anyone I know at this.
I want to encourage you this week to get down on your kids level. Take time to see that fuzzy caterpillar, and gaze at the bright stars and giggle for no reason. Hug your babies close and kiss your spouse a few extra times ( Trust me! He WON'T mind! hehe!), but most importantley, Do it all for the Glory of God. Every minute of it. Spend time with your savior, and if he is not your savior yet, maybe make time to meet with a close friend, who shares that close relationship with Jesus Christ and ask how you can know him better. Because you never know when it's your time.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS BLOG! I am looking forward to reading more and more. ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're blogging! Should be very entertaining and insightful! Love ya

    ReplyDelete