Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Laugh a Little. . .

Well, I have to warn you, I was tame in my first blog...but now, you should beware, if you don't like words like poo-poo, stretch marks, mastitis, birth canal...any of those, stop reading NOW! I am a gal who loves to laugh, so if you like laughing about life and the craziness that happens to us during it and being encouraged in your daily walk with the Lord, KEEP READING!
In my quiet time with the Lord, I sometimes will read over Proverbs 31 once, twice, three, four times, just depending on how badley I screwed up that day! If you are not familiar with that particular chapter, it is all about a 'Wife of Noble Character'. I will probaly 'blog' about these verses alot, since they are dear to my heart as I strive to follow Christ.
But, one part in those verses sticks out to me...although I may not 'rise before the sun' or may not be able to tell the difference in selecting 'wool & flax', I sure love to 'laugh at the days to come' vs. 25.
Sometimes I think God likes to remind us of that when life is hitting us in overload and we feel stressed about the days to come.
I have to laugh or I would probaly go crazy! My husband Jared, my 4 girls,mom & dad and I took a camping trip, I rememberd what a good old belly laugh is! It was late and I didn't want to trek to the outhouses by myself ( they stink just as bad at night as they do during the day!) So, I told my hubby as I grabbed a flashlight, " I used to squat & go...I'm sure I still can!" Now, I don't know if it was the lack of Omega 3 in my brain, because I am a newly nursing mom again, or if it was because it was late and I hadn't thought through my decision carefully. But, ( I WARNED YOU.Now's your chance to quit reading!) as I 'Popped a squat', so to speak, it accured to me what a huge mistake I had made in making that choice & that just 9 weeks prior to that I had given birth to a 9 1/2 pound baby and she was number 5! Any of you ladies who have had the blessed gift of laboring over a child know...you will never jump on a trampoline again, with out peeing yourself a little! Hence...the reason I should have not done what I did!
Jared popped out of the camper with a flashlight, as I squeeled, " You know you have to pee when its hitting your ankles!!" He shined the flashlight right at me, in hopes to help, but once you start there is NO stopping! And I again yelled, because I wasn't thrilled about his choice of area to light up as we had camping neighbors who did not need to know me in such a way!
After all the commotion, I was washing my ankles and shoes off with baby wipes, we both just laughed about it and it was that good, ol' fashioned belly laugh, that I love to have!
Just because things don't go as planned, like I planned on NOT peeing on myself that night, doesn't mean you can't 'laugh at the days to come'. I guess that story probaly cancels out the first part of that verse, " She is clothed with strength and dignity..." I think all dignity was lost! 

3 comments:

  1. You are such a funny girl. I had a rough night last night and reading this this morning helped me with the rest of a good start I was aiming for today :) Love you ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. shaylyn, this is awesome! You are hilar!!! I laughed soo hard on this one - the baby wipes:) Looking foreward to more laughs to come! Keep blogging!!
    -abs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this one, Shaylyn, and had to laugh at/with you as well as myself. Just so you know you're not alone, here is what happen to me.
    We were tent camping while it was raining, raining hard, all night. In the middle of the night I had to pee and as the rain came down, I had to go worse. I could take it no longer. I had to go. The rain was still pouring, so I weighed my options. . . run to the bathrooms, squat outside the tent . . . or wait, what's this? A plastic cup. Yes, that was my choice. Pee in a cup and avoid getting wet. So I did. My great husband laughed at me in the dark. After a little while my hand started to get wet and I couldn't figure out why. Had I missed the cup? No. The cup was over-flowing. And I wasn't done. So now I have a cup full of pee and more in my bladder. I unzipped the tent and threw the urine into the night, only to fill the cup and repeat. My husband laughed so hard, I thought he would wet himself too.
    -E Williams

    ReplyDelete