Friday, December 24, 2010

The Next Best Thing. . .

I spent so many days & years wondering, "What's the next best thing!?" Constantly worried about what I had and hadn't done. The regrets. The failures. The 'what-if's.'
I soon realized why I was always fretting over these things...because I wasn't using my life for 'the next best thing!'

I was wrapped up in myself, to say the least. I was bent on all the things I couldn't do, or was afraid I would do wrong that it crippled any capability for me to see just exactly how God has designed me to be a vessel for him. To see my God given talents and use them for his purpose and plan.

On the eve of Christmas I think of a very amazing young lady. I bet you know who. What if when the angel came to her, she dug her heels in and said, " Baby?!? You have GOT to be crazy, Angel! I am too young, unmarried, Joseph will lose his mind up in here, if he knows I'm gonna have a baby! Besides, I would be a horrible mother! I can't do the whole 'pregnancy' thing for 9 months! What if I get sick? I am a puker...I don't want to be pukin'...what if I fall off a camel? I am not a good camel rider...that could hurt a baby!"

I am sure she had some thoughts of 'Why?' But , she knew the fathers will was more important and he would refine her rough edges. Thank God she said Yes. Do you think if she didn't, Gd wold have found some one else? Who else is doing something that you should be doing?

Someone recently said about me ( and I was over the top humbled by this, and know I am far, far from there! But, it blessed my heart.) " You don't sit around waiting for things to happen, you are not content to just be lazy at home, you go out and get things done for the Lord."

I say that not to brag at all, but because I know even just over a year ago I still struggled with being in my 'comfort zone' and letting the 'next best thing' slip by and not be used by God because I was to afraid of failure.

I am here to say, I still fail...daily....man! when will that stop!? Haha! But, I LOVE IT! Every failure is God teaching me and growing me and I cannot get enough!!! I know he loves me even when I fail and fall, but I refuse to sit back, complacent, letting all the best things that come with being in love with my savior, skip me by!

" Don't be afraid of what you will miss out on if you surrender your life to Jesus, be afraid of what you will miss out on if you don't!"

Merry Christmas!

p.s. I know why God would not have picked a gal like me to carry baby Jesus...I would have cut a hole in my cloak around my pregnant belly and charged $5.00 to rub the unborn baby Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. You always make me laugh. Thanks for this great post. I love your point of view. ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your final comment is hilarious. Very wise words all the way aroung honey.

    ReplyDelete