Thursday, September 30, 2010

Put down your husbands razor and nobody gets hurt....

Being more than mommy, being His best friend...
In every season in life, you have to adjust to different things. I grew up with brothers, a very outdoors & tom-boy mom,my hubby had 2 brothers and just one sister, so I guess I was the girl that wasn't to afraid to just be me...
When I was about to deliver my fifth baby girl, I decided I wanted to 'watch it' all happen, in a mirror. Oh, the horror!!! After seeing the miracle of birth, I was truly convinced my husband was the most amazing man EVER for watching that happen 5 times and still stayed married to me! Haha!
That's when I decided, I just HAD to be more lady like!
Here are some things that I put into practice:
-Never use his razor...there are lady razors, for lady parts...let's keep it that way :)
-When you go #2...close the bathroom door and spray! My hubby calls the it "Vanilla poop!" Hahahaha!!! I love it!!
-Exercise! Even if it's just a little bit, he'll be thankful his wife cares enough about herself and HIM to stay healthy, so that you will be around for a long time...plus, it's a great energy booster for a lil' BOOM! BOOM! If ya know what I mean?!?!
-Try to keep that passage of the gassage, to a minimum...or never, in front of him. I used to toot on demand to make my brother and his friends laugh when I was younger...not so attractive to the hubby! :) And the more kids you have, the more squeakers you will have, but just TRY to keep the breeze pleasant around your man.
-And for goodness sakes, ladies!! Would it KILL US to at least slap on a little blush and GET OUT of the sweat pants?? I understand, there are those days...cleaning days, kids are sick days, that time of the month and my jeans don't fit days, but overall, you could at least TRY to get dressed. Just because you are maybe a housewife, doesn't mean you have to look like a run- down house!
I keep a white glitter eye shadow and concealer in my make up bag  for those crazy days. That might be the only thing that makes it on my face, and it may happen ten seconds before he walks through the door, but if my eyes are sparklin' when he comes home, he thinks they are sparklin' for him :)Also, keep some body spray handy, give yourself a 'body spray bath' before he gets home. It sure beats the baby spit smell, that's embedded into your shirt!
-Wash your kid's face, and comb their hair.They are humans, too. Dirty, booger nosed humans.But, never the less, humans.
-Leave him notes of encouragement!
-Stop with the headaches, ladies! I know how hard it is to 'get in the mood' after you've had lil' leaches sucking every ounce of energy out of you all day, but get yourself a shower, shave your pits and rock his world :)You'll be glad you did...Annnnnnd, so will he ;)
-Oh, and...you're kids will NOT DIE if you leave them for a couple hours, a few times a month for a date night!! You did not marry your children. Get out together, have fun and just re-connect! I am implementing a new rule for our date nights...NO WAL-MART STOPS!That is not a date, that is grocery shopping! Haha!
-Every night have a beautiful, gourmet meal prepared! WAIT! X that one off the list, then I would have to practice what I preach,and around here, if you see smoke, suppers done!

                         PROVERBS 31                                             
vs 10..." A wife of noble character, who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
11.Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
12.She brings him good, and not harm all the days of her life.
28.Her children arise and call her blessed, her husband also, and praises her.
29.Many woman do noble things, but you surpass them all.
(Check out Proverbs 31 for great Godly woman characteristics and make yourself a goal to reach some these in the next few weeks.)



Me & My Man!

2 comments:

  1. WOW...I was just thinking this morning as I changed out of my PJ's into sweats that I really needed to find time to change again before Jordan gets home. Now I am even more encouraged to do that. Thanks for the great post! You rock! ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all of your blogs. but this one is my favorite! it's so funny and entertaining and SO TRUE!!! you should be a writer, you're very talented :)

    ricarda black

    ReplyDelete