Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Kid's have been...(gULp!) ...FRAMED!!!

It's true. I am ONE proud momma of my little 'framed' babies! 
One thing when you have kid's that you will learn is; Paper, paper and more paper! You will get more paper than you knew there where tree's to produce it! 

I really, really love my kid's art work! I am not claiming that they are the next Van Gogh, I would actually compare some to Picasso...it's slightly abstract...but, as a mom, I love watching there different art ( can we call it that?!) styles, but finding a way to display them has been a chore. My mom used to joke that she would display ours, "Nicely behind the couch! Where the sun can't fade it!" Thanks mom, for the good - old fashioned self- esteem booster!

I seen this idea at a friends house and swooped in like a seagull spying on box of spilled fries in an Arby's parking Lot!

Finding random and unique frames in my basement or at garage sales, I popped the backing and the glass off and spray painted the desired color. The glass removal makes it super easy peasy to remove art work when you want to display the latest best seller!

Behold...the 'Hall of Fame' as I would like to call it!
( I have this in our hallway, so I couldn't get a good camera view of the whole thing, but basically randomly placed picture frames and other art/crafts adorn this wall, here's just a few individually)

My kid's LOVE showing off the 'Hall of Fame!' They are as proud as a peacock to show off all their 'cool' art and crafts! I'm pretty proud, too...so, if you come over...HUMOR ME! Haha!




This frame was for sale for 2.50 at a garage sale and after I practically died laughing at the guy and his piece of junk, started to walk away, he changed his tune to .50 cents! 
I would like to add, the TOP picture in that frame is 'Yours Truly' by the talented hand of Halle girl...Aren't I a sexxy beast?! ;)

 Noodles!
You seriously don't want to know how many times my kids asked to eat this!
 
This frame rocks my brains out! Found it at Goodwilliam ( that's long for 'Good Will') and I LOVE the shelf on it! Perfect for displaying dinosaurs (obviously!)

 You may not want an entire hallway to dedicate to your blooming artist, but for real folks, rejoicing over their little awards, ribbons and scribbled pictures makes a teeny heart burst with joy!

p.s. our fridge and dishwasher are also covered! What?! We have super talented kids! Hahahah!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Shay. I've been to the Matthew's Museum and feel my life has been more enriched by the art education I received there, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tara!!!! You're too kind! I bet your house could use a wall of fame!!!

    ReplyDelete