Friday, April 15, 2011

All the Pretty Little Christians...

Lined up in a row. Wearing our Sunday Best. Smiling. Laughing. Trying to impress...

It has become very apparent to me in today's society and in Christianity alike, ONE thing goes Hand in hand...the popularity contest we are all out to win. Don't step on toes, don't make me uncomfortable and whatever you do, don't scare the 'HELL' out of me...

When we step out of our homes and into our Church, what is the goal?

To make as many friends as possible? To impress Leaders, Pastors and Deacons? To be known as the ' Spiritual one'? Or is our goal to be the ear that listens, the smile that invites the new person in or the heart that beats like Jesus'.

Pew warming is out of style!

I challenge you, Sisters in Christ, to break out of your comfort zone and take your church, town, state...heck! Go BIG! Your WORLD, by storm for Jesus!

I know life gets busy, I know seasons in our life make it perfectly easy to sit back and say, " I can't right now..." but, you CAN! The smallest acts of kindness can bring the lost soul to Jesus, if you are a willing vessel.
Days when you know you'll be stuck home. PRAY! Ask God to send you a single mom who needs a sitter. Make a batch of cookies for a shut in. Email a friend some encouragement. DO SOMETHING with this life God has given you to glorify HIM! No more excuses! He didn't BLESS you with a husband so you could use him as an excuse to stay home and never reach out. He didn't BLESS you with children, so you could use them as an excuse to piddle away your days! He blessed you above and beyond, be a blessing!

God has BIG, HUGE, GIANT things for your life- when are you going to strap on the safety belt, throw your arms up in the air and enjoy the ride?! Now is the time!

" The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few."

Reap the harvest! Go out and change your world! Even if it's the small 'world' around you! And next time I see you, I'll be asking, " How have you changed your world, for Jesus today?" 

Don't waste another second twiddling your thumbs and being bored.  God is busy kickin' butt and saving this world from the evil sin that ensnares us. Saddle up, get ready and kick butt, too!

4 comments:

  1. Man, I want to DO something after reading this, Shay--SOO awesome!! I want to GO, BE, HELP, INSPIRE! First, I'm going to bed, but tomorrow, the WORLD! Thank you hon, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Tara YOU inspire me! Thank you for the other night! It was great and you blessed me beyond measure with your kindness! It's ladies like you that make me want to use this life instead of lose it! Keep being a light! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you from my WHOLE heart, Shay. That made my day!! I feel you are that "Use-your-life-inspir-er" in MY life though!! Love you too.

    ReplyDelete