Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I Don't Feel Pretty Today...

Do you ever have one of those days? You know, the one where you stay in your yoga stretchy pants, a frumpy sweater with snot smears from your baby dried on it and some drops of lunch splattered along the sleeve? When your eyebrows look like a leaf from some wild amazon jungle & your armpits are starting to look like a CHIA pet experiment gone wrong? When you go to shave your legs and a ladies razor won't do the job, but maybe a machete or hacksaw? When the make up hasn't left its case and your face is proof that you can make small children frightened without it? Yeah, one of those days...

I have to admit, I was having one of those days...

I hate that!

I have been home bound for 4 days with a very sick nine month old. I love the time with my kid's and thank God no one else is sick, but I think we all had a touch of cabin fever.

You see every time I get dressed, I get puked on. After awhile you learn, no nice clothes! Every time I put the baby down, she cries...no nice hair or make up! And every time I want to pout and say ' Poor! Poor! Pitiful me!' my children take up that attitude as well, and then things get really ugly!

What made me the ugliest today...easy...my attitude! I tried to stay thankful and grateful, but some times a girl can break! 

Tonight as I tucked the babies in, after a long, rough day, my three year old who has been a source of aggravation today, climbed on my lap, hugged and kissed me and said, " Momma, I love you. And I will be better tomorrow."

Awwwh.

I promised I would be, too.

Kid's have a way of revealing our ugliest deciever. Our hearts.

So, beyond the messy hair and deodorant- less pits, the unbrushed teeth and the breath that resembled that of a basset hounds, I realized the worst part of me was my attitude and my heart. I apologized and made things right. I prayed and asked God for a new perspective. I am thankful his word says, 'His mercies are new every morning!'

So, tomorrow, whether or not I get all dolled up, I will be beautiful, it just may be from the INSIDE out!

2 comments:

  1. So true, Shay, been there, wore the armpit-stinkin'-stained T-shirt! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes I feel like you write these posts after you have been a fly on the wall in my house.

    ReplyDelete