Monday, March 21, 2011

Just a Simple Plan...

"Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape!" A saying that pops into my mind as I get 'bent out of shape'.

Having kids has taught me many, many things. Like, clothes right side in-way overrated! Eating when your food is hot! Who needs it! Dried snot on your sleeve is actually a 'mom accessories!' Who knew all these things AND more could be 'socially' acceptable in my mom mind! 

One of the best things having kids has taught me, is roll with the punches! Punches in the feel of 3:30 a.m. wake up calls, " Mom! I need you to rub my back!" Wish I could get a free massage at 3:30 a.m.! And big, poopy  blow out diapers, right as you leave the house! Ah, a Simple plan is a distant memory!

When your kids watch you go through the ups & downs of life, and NOT get bent out of shape and still *'rejoice in the Lord always' ( 'and again, I say rejoice!' Do you think there was a reason it was repeated?) It will impact how they handle life's struggles. Not just the bumps in the roads or the crying over spilled milk, but the hard stuff; death, lies and failures.

I always put in the back of my mind, whatever I have planned for the day, it is very possible it could change!
 Because it happens...almost everyday.

Laundry was suppose to get done - but a friend you haven't seen stops over and you have a great time chatting! An afternoon planned for housekeeping, gets interrupted by a cuddly 3 year old, with her favorite book, and you get a few precious moments together. A gourmet meal ( this includes anything NOT Hamburger Helper!!)  gets burnt and a family fun night, eating Pizza Hut on the living room floor, makes memories that are locked in the deepest part of your heart.

So, next time plans get changed, stop & think, " Ok! Cool! I can do this! How can you use me, Lord, in this new plan?" I admit, as a woman this can be really, really ( did I mention, ReAlLy?!!!) hard to do, but next time I'm hit with an unplanned situation, I'm gonna sit back, relax and go with it!

* Philippians 4:4 " Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near." 


Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a mans heart, but it is the Lords purpose that prevails."


Psalms 20:4 " May the Lord give you the desires of your heart and make all your plans succeed."
 

1 comment:

  1. I have so been there. Thanks for the great reminder Shay!

    ReplyDelete