Wednesday, March 9, 2011

READ THIS FOR THE WORLDS EASIEST PARENTING!!!!!

HA! Gotcha!
World's easiest parenting?!?
No such thing!

I am often taken back at just how BIG of a failure at parenting I am. Don't feel sorry for me. It's truth. I put others, myself and many things that are time wasters before my kids. Why? Well, they adapt to what I do and they are fine. For now.

God has really impressed on my heart what 'good' parenting is, lately. I want that. I don't want to HOPE my kids make it out alive and leave here only in the 'Scratch & Dent' box. I want them leaving here fully clothed in the armour of God, to be able to fend off the fiery darts of the devil and stand strong against the world.Too be a light, not a glow worm!

I would challenge you to take a look at whats going on in your house. ChAoS? Frustrations.ANGER! Disobedience? No RESPECT?! ...no love?
Our homes will occasionally have these things, because, well, let's face it...we are all sinners! But, if this is an everyday, every hour, every minute occurrence, maybe what you're doing isn't quite working :(

Just my last two trips to the store I have seen this first hand. Walking down the aisle and mothers just snapping at their kids for simple questions, like, " Can we get this cereal?"

Really? A Holy war being raged over this?

The old Golden rule still applies, "Treat others...." You know the rest.

I am also amazed at the level of control children are given.

You don't want to share? Ok.
You don't want to use the potty? That's fine.
You don't want to eat you dinner? Sure.
Chocolate for breakfast? Sounds fair.
Hitting mommy? Not nice, but I'm a doormat, go ahead.
Jumping on the furniture?Climbing the counters? Breaking our decorations? Coloring on the walls? Smashing your toys into your sisters head? Runnnnnning our house with an iron fist?

Not OK! No! No! And NO!

Don't forget when God blessed you with that baby, YOU WHERE THE PARENT! He gives you power to be that parent. Enjoy every second of it, not hate the second you hear their little feet hit the floor in the morning and you know you're in for another beating!

Everyday with your children will present new challenges, it's how you handle them and help your child grow. You don't let them take the reins and run, you guide with loving hands and gentle hearts. Don't let this time be wasted on letting them call the shots, use this time to help them grow up to be amazing little people that God can use!

Great book rescourses:

"Dare to Discipline" Dr. James Dobson
"Shepherding a Child's Heart" Tedd Tripp
"Raising Godly Children in an ungodly world." Ken & Steve Ham
Also, online or the radio : "Family Life Today" & "Focus on the Family".

2 comments:

  1. SO true, Shay! Thanks for being courageous and saying it like it is. WE are the boss of the applesauce...that is God's good and loving plan and we should not shy away from our calling or our children will SUFFER for our spinelessness (just made that word up I think!)...thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Shay, I have felt so out of control lately. I really enjoyed reading this, it was that little push that I needed. I was about to loose the bit of hair left on my head from pulling it out and spring break is only half through. I forgot how crazy it is to have all three of my girls at home all day long.. Thanks again for your little ray of sun shine..

    ReplyDelete