Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Train them in the way they should go...

As a mom who loves the Lord, I also want my children to grow up in the knowledge and grace of him, as well.
I am not a trained child-hood expert, rearing,bible study leading professional, so by trial and error, I have thought of a few different ways to make learning about Jesus exciting! And why shouldn't it be? He healed the sick, raised the dead and best of all gave us the free gift of * eternal life if we believe on Him! I'm so excited, just from writing that sentence!

Many of us relate church and Jesus to boring rituals, sitting for too long and being jabbed in the ribs by mother if we start to doze off...Let's show our kids just how powerful God is, by making His word more understandable to little ears.
 Aside from dinner time, family devotions, I try to incorporate Jesus into all we do. Even craft time!

As I wracked my brain, trying to figure out how best my kids would learn the Bible and enjoy it; I came up with this idea.  I thought I would share it with you. And I know some of you probably allready have done this, but forgive me, I'm a slow learner :)

Bible History Books:

I say 'History' because the words 'bible story', don't sound factual to me! Gods word is our History! Be glad about that with your kids.

We created a History book about 'Noah's Ark.' We read the story together, then each of us set out to color a picture of the story. It was just me and 2 of our girls working on this, so I got assigned with a few more pages, because they are little and it takes a bit longer for them to complete one of their masterpieces! So, ignore my child like drawings! Haha! Here's how the finished product turned out! The girls are so proud of it and read it over and over again!










This last page breelia added as an extra! But, I thought it drove home a good point! Gotta love that child like faith:)  



*Romans 3:23 " For all have sinned and fall short of the
glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Jesus Christ..."

I have more bible time crafts and idea's I will share with you all occasionally, so stay tuned for more easy idea's that you can do with your kiddo's!

Share with me your idea's! I would love to learn what your family does to build up little Soldiers for Christ! And if you are just starting out, Don't worry! God can use whatever we give! Your kid's are never too young ( or old) to learn about Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word, Shay...why are you not illustrating children's story books!?? Are those YOUR drawings? They are superb. I'm NOT joking, you need to get an agent and look into this idea, you have serious talent!

    Love the idea too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and by the way you are quite an artist. I am not joking. You are talented. And I love your idea. Tara is right...look into an agent. ~Jess

    ReplyDelete